Are you only beginning your own journey in cooking your own meals? If so, it’s handy to have the right kitchen tools so that your meal prep goes as planned. Be mindful, though, that not all kitchen gadgets are good buys. You might think that they’re all good, but the reality is that most of them just might spend their time collecting dust. To avoid that, here are a few kitchen gadgets we’d like to recommend for your very own kitchen. This is for those who want to make sure that their kitchen is packed with all the essentials.
- Pressure cookers (similar to an Instant Pot) are one of the most sought-after gadgets for kitchens. A pressure cooker is very practical because it can cook a meal faster than an ordinary slow cooker. Home-cooked meals? No questions asked; a pressure cooker will get the job done in no time.
- Air fryers are small, concentrated ovens that produce crisp skin-on fries, meats, veggies, and more without the oil of frying food. It’s a healthier option for cooking, and it allows you to prep food faster, too!
- No kitchen is complete without a blender. But if big bulky blenders aren’t your thing, you can opt for a small blender like a Ninja or Nutribullet, or even an immersion blender instead. These blenders are smaller and easier to manage and can make individual portions, too.
- Waffle irons are amazing for making waffles, but they can do other things, too! You can cook hash browns, omelets, grilled cheese, and even cookies in a waffle iron. A waffle iron is a great multi-purpose tool you’ll use often!
- A wok is a sauté pan that has a rounded bottom and smooth sides. A quality wok is needed if you want to make stir-fry, sauces, soups, etc. Yeah, you can get by with a few pots and pans, but a wok is a perfect piece. Their long handles let you hold it over a burner and shake and stir the food inside, heating the ingredients quickly and evenly. It might take you a while to practice using your wok, but once you get used to it, you won’t want to be without one!
- If avocados are your thing, then you need an avocado slicer for your kitchen. Opening and slicing avocados can be challenging at times because avocados are slippery. The last thing you want to happen is a knife accident when slicing! An avocado slicer is the safer way not only to open an avocado but to remove the pit and shell and create perfect-sized slices, too.
- A can opener is a very basic but essential tool for your cooking in the kitchen; especially when you’re big on canned food. Get one that is of good quality and at a decent price; the more affordable can openers don’t necessarily give you the best results for value. It’s common for these to easily break or fail. It’s wise to invest in one that will last you years.
- Another essential addition to your kitchen would be a swivel peeler. It comes in very handy when you’re cooking potatoes, squash, carrots, or other vegetables. If so, you will need a quality peeler that fits comfortably in the palm of your hand, and slices through a vegetables’ thick outer skin with ease. What a swivel peeler does is it automatically adjusts to the angle of your hand while you peel so that every stroke ensures a clean and efficient peel.
Is the kitchen your primary objective in a home? Don’t forget to ask about it when speaking with our Shepherd Park property managers about our available rental homes.
We are pledged to the letter and spirit of U.S. policy for the achievement of equal housing opportunity throughout the Nation. See Equal Housing Opportunity Statement for more information.